Sunday, April 11, 2010

another day, another million dollars

The days seem to be running together here at Beauty Farm. Our Indian Summer seems to be at a close, the rain is here. The days are colder, the nights are longer. Old Tonto pony has graduated from his cotton fly rug to his waterproof rug. Not yet at a Winter weight. Just water proof to keep him a bit warmer. I do feel sorry for the poor lil man, his joints object to being subjected to the cold cold nights. It's only going to get worse.

I spend a vast majority of my days observing the animals as I go about my jobs. The lambs, now almost fully grown, make me laugh. Horrace wants to get friendly, if you know what I mean, but the girls wont have any of it. I can almost hear them in my head. "Mmm, nice grass...(munch, munch)... wait, what was that noise?... RAM! OMG THE RAM IS BEHIND ME!!" as they quickly sprint off and away. I fear we will not be having any little lambletts this Spring. I am considering haltering the girls and holding them still so that Horrace can get his job done. Mum and Dad think this is insanely funny. Booger heads.

My knitting is coming along, I have finished 1.5 squares. I can knit and purl stitches now. Hooray. The current square is a basket weave pattern. No swearing to be heard either. I am very proud of myself.

I have felted another project. A scarf, of course. Next felt project; a largish piece of felt to be used as a baby blanket. Fingers crossed it works out nicely. I do have to get some more wool tops before starting this project. Then it will be time to get some patterns and start making "things", rather than just "felt".

No comments:

Post a Comment