Wednesday, April 07, 2010

F is for...

Do you ever have one of those days that you feel ripped apart. On the inside, of course. I'm not talking *"...me head went that way, and me legs went that way... there was blood, GUTS..."

Well, I'm having one of those days today. I want to be in America singing with the kids, I want to be in Walgett sewing with Sarah, I want to be in South Australia working at Subway and I really, really want to be right here where I am.


I have achieved one productive accomplishment today.

I have signed up to learn how to knit.

This morning I lost all my emotional fitness and began swearing profusely at the yarn. Finally getting one stitch before dropping about ten. Then proudly declaring, while struggling with the wriggling, worming, squirming stuff, "I HATE KNITTING!" It's not like I can't knit, well I can't, but I have done it before. Sort of. OK so I guess I can't knit. There I said it. Are you happy now?!

Actually I feel better.

So I'm hoping that learning how to knit will benefit me with some nice, warm, leg warmers, socks and hats. Dare we to dream for a sweater? So far I have knitted, garter stitch, half of a 15cm X 15cm square. I do have a purpose for said square. While learning different stitch variations and while fine tuning my skills I will make many, many[to infinitum] squares. These will all be whip stitched together to form a giant blanket. Or maybe a multitude of smaller blankets to donate to the Vinny's blanket drive.

As for what is happening on the Farm. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Well, two sheep keep letting themselves out, then putting themselves away. Does that count as something?

Oh yes; F is for Flannery... what were you thinking?!






* reference to one of my favourite adverts ever. I would guess it is on YouTube.
**yes infinitum is a word I just made up. What does it mean??! well think infinity infinity infinity

No comments:

Post a Comment